Monday, January 3, 2011

Bring on 2011!

Happy New Year y'all!

2011 is going to bring big things for me and I hope for you all too. I actually leave tonight at 11:45pm to jet off to the States! I have been waiting for this day for what seems a lifetime and luckily there hasn't been some dreadful accident or my death to prevent me from going! :D I just have a ridiculous amount of packing and organising to do today though. I'm trying to make sure I either bin things or take them with me, I want need to start afresh when I return home. I WILL become a new transformend and better 'Shivi' by the time the year comes to an end and I don't want to slip back into my old less confident, unsocial ways of being. The last few days have been spent buying gifts for my host family(I had planned to make them this totally awesome present but time has literally just slipped through my hands), transferring pictures, music and documents onto my new netbook I received as a going away present which is actually giving me a fair bit of grief at the moment(half the photos I transfer don't seem to show up), selling a couple of bento items on ebay from when I became foolishly obsessed with pretty lunches(check out my items here if you feel like helping out a sister in need), writing out some of my favourite recipes into a blank recipe book my friend gave me for Christmas and may another random tasks I want to get finished before I leave. Hopefully I'll update you all by the end of the week as after flying from the Perth airport to Sydney all of us EF exchangees meet up and fly to the 4 day culture camp in LA where we have morning culture lessons and afternoon excursions- one of which is to Disneyland! So this will be my last post in Australia(for a year anyway)!



Love love love,
Shivi xx

P.S. Just thought I'd brag and let you all know I attained an ATAR score of 94.55 for my year 12 exams(which is like a ranking so I think means I beat 94.55% of the students taking their final exams in Western Australia! Hopefully it's enough to get me a scholarship into the local university!


P.P.S. This is my 50th blog post! Snaps for me!

1 comment:

~Abby~ said...

Welcome to the states! I've never been to California..that'd be amazing to go! I've been to Disney World in Florida..so Disneyland should be just as amazing! :)
CONGRATS on the score!

xx,
~Abby~